Monday, June 16, 2008

blog numero uno.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic



I honestly am having the time of my life by being involved in the Summer Scholars program. I have met some incredible people, and have rekindled a lot of relationships with friends who I have not seen in a while. I think this program is great because it gives us a real picture of what college is actually like, without holding out hands through the process.

I would have to say that the thing that motivates me the most I think would have to be all my friends and the time we ALL are willing to put out there so we all understand the material in our classes. Personally, I hate doing my homework or studying alone and it's great that I have people who are there with me.

I think the most challenging thing is taking the college class. It's not too different from taking an AP course, but it being condensed into 5 weeks makes it a lot tougher. I'm taking philosophy, and as one would probably assume, it's not the easiest thing in the world. And just taking it in summertime, the time when my mind is focused on friends, being barefoot, swimming, and sleeping in, that makes the challenge even harder.

Another thing, being a part of the program has also allowed me to break out of my shell. Around my friends at school, I'm pretty much the dork who is WAY too optimistic, and doesn't sweat the small stuff. And the week in residence helped me to become a TON more outgoing, and now I can happily call myself an extrovert. I've learned a lot about myself in the sense that I can just simply be, me. (As cliche as that sounds).

The team building exercises at Carol Joy Holling were a great start and end to the week. It establishes a little trust in your teammates and strengthens bonds. The planned activities we had each night were also a fantastic ending and each day and I looked forward to them!
Just like I'm amped for the rest of the summer!


No comments: